HypnoBirthing™: The Mongan Method
The HypnoBirthing Program was created by Marie Mongan in 1989 in the United States and has since helped thousands of women around the world live the process of giving birth safely and easily.
The Mongan Method of HypnoBirthing is a pioneer and leader in birth education with the use of self-hypnosis. Several decades and thousands of classes later, HypnoBirthing is the most widely used program in the world in its category.
Today, there are HypnoBirthing® trainers in 46 different countries who are helping women educate themselves about the benefits of quiet, instinctual birth for themselves and their babies.
Marie Mongan - Founder of HypnoBirthing
"My dream is that every woman, everywhere, knows the joy of a truly safe and satisfying birth for both herself and her baby - one that she will not need to forget."
Marie F. Mongan, 1999
- Eliminates fear-tension-pain syndrome before, during and after birth.
- Reduces (often eliminates) the need for anesthesia, episiotomy and other interventions.
- Reduces fatigue during childbirth
- The mother gets cooler, focused and energized while giving birth.
- Reduces the opening phase and allows the mother to use her natural expulsive reflex (NER) to help birth her baby.
- Reduces the risk of damage to the pelvic floor.
- It allows the mother, the baby and the birth companion to live together a wonderful antenatal, perinatal and postnatal
-The birth companion is an integral part of the birth, not a mere observer.
- Eliminates, almost entirely, postpartum discomfort and baby blues.
- Well regulated and happier babies at birth (Better APGAR rates), resulting in better breastfeeding and sleep routines.
- Mothers do not run the risk of hyperventilation by shallow breathing.
- Birth is again the safe, peaceful and beautiful experience that nature intended it to be
HypnoBirthing Basic Components
. 📚 Education - Evidence based information
. 🌈 Relaxation techniques
. 💨 Breathing techniques
. 👁️🗨️ Visualization exercices
. 💬 Affirmations and Positive Suggestions
. 🧘♀️ Body toning and massage
Unit 1: Building A Positive Expectancy
• Introduction to the remarkable HypnoBirthing™ philosophy
• The History of Women and Birthing
• Why and how you can have an easier, more comfortable, and safer birthing
• How Nature perfectly designed women’s bodies to birth
• How to assist, rather than resist, your natural birthing instincts
• The vocabulary for calm and gentle birthing.
• Visualizing gentle births by viewing beautiful birthing videos
Unit 2: Falling in Love with Your Baby/Preparing Mind & Body
• The remarkable mind of your newborn baby—Prenatal bonding techniques
• Rapid and instant self-relaxation techniques and deepening techniques
• Breathing techniques for labor and birthing
• Hypnotic relaxation and visualization
• Selecting the right care provider
• The Birth companion’s role in birthing
• Preparing your body for birthing with massage and toning
Unit 3: Getting Ready to Welcome your Baby
• Preparing Birth Preference Sheets
• Preparing the Body for Birthing
• Light Touch Labor Massage
• Your body working for and with you
• Avoiding artificial induction and achieving a natural start to labor
• Releasing negative emotions, fears and limiting thoughts.
Unit 4: An overview of Birthing – A Labor of Love
• Onset of Labor – Thinning and Opening Phase
• Birth explained simply
• Settling in at the hospital or birthing center
• Preparing for home birth – or baby’s choice of birth
• As labor moves along – passing time through labor
• Hallmarks of labor
• If labor rests or slows – Companion’s prompts and activities
• As labor advances – birthing with your baby
• Protecting the natural birthing experience
• Birth rehearsal imagery
Unit 5: Birth – Breathing Love – Bringing Life
• Moving into birthing
• Positions for descent and birthing
• Breathing baby down to birth
• Baby moves to the breast
• Family bonding with your baby
You can access the official HypnoBirthing Institute website